Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Jim Tyer - "Hansel and Gretel"

Here's yet another post on Jim Tyer. I just can't seem to get enough of his animation, even if it means sitting through some pretty bad Terrytoons. Not that I don't enjoy Terrytoons but sit through a cartoon like "Anti-Cats" and you've pretty much wasted 7 minutes of your life. Even Tyer's little bit of animation couldn't save that one for me. Thankfully, cartoons like the Mighty Mouse short "Hansel and Gretel" have a load of wild cartoony animation by Tyer. When Tyer takes over we get a good minute and a half straight of cartoon gold. I've spared you the rest of "Hansel & Gretel" and uploaded only Tyer's work. Plus, a short Tyer bumper from The Mighty Mouse Playhouse show. (I've re-uploaded them to youtube since Dailymotion has gone to crap.)



6 comments:

Steven M. said...

The Hansel and Gretel video isn't working.

Kevin Langley said...

It worked for me this morning. Was it just running ad after ad? I noticed that the site was doing that a lot lately. Sorry.

Mike Pelensky said...

Works for me now, though I had to wait through an ad too. For whatever reason, I ain't quite as sold on this as the Wolf scene. I barely caught some funny witch faces in the tweens, and the bit where she turns into a cannon was pretty zany too.

Mike Pelensky said...

Still, thanks for sharing! (Had to add. This stuff is hard to come by.)

Will Finn said...

Thanks for posting. Tyer's the greatest. Few animators could do as much with staggers as he could. And his run cycles are priceless. The models on the cats when they land are wonderful...Makes me want to track down the complete cartoon now... Cheers...

Mykal Banta said...

What fantastic stuff. I, too, could watch Tyer all day and not get bored. I've been buying the Terrytoon discs Jerry Beck has for sale. Just unbelievable stuff. The amazing part is when you begin to look at the stuff frame by frame. It seems nearly supernatural. I say to myself often, looking at the stills, "How in the world could that work?" But it sure does. Great post!!