Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Donald Graham

I have been on a quest for some time to get a hold of Donald Graham's book "Composing Pictures" without paying an arm and a leg. Believe it or not, I've seen it on sale for as much as $400. Luckily, it turned up in a local library recently and I've been scanning it for a couple of weeks now. At a little over 400 pages it's quite a monotonous job. For those that don't know, Donald Graham was an instructor at Chouinard Art Institute and later commissioned by Walt Disney to instruct drawing classes for his animators. I found the few pages on storyboarding informative and thought I'd share.

5 comments:

Bill Robinson said...

Hey Kevin, it IS a great book. I found a copy of it at my college library and scanned all 400 pages. I was sharing a PDF of it on scribd for a while, but I got an email from Graham's son asking me to take it down. Turns out they are re-printing the book sometime next year. Hooray!

Kevin Langley said...

Cool, I'll have to pick up a copy when it's on sale again. Thanks for the heads up Bill.

loosetoon said...

Couldn't be worse than Xeroxing 2 copies of "The Illusion of Life" back in 1994 before it was reprinted a few years later. Thanks for the reprint info for Graham's book!

Kendra Melton said...

I know this is an old post but if you still don't have a copy of "Composing Pictures" by Donald W. Graham it is Finally being reprinted, you can pre-order your copy today on amazon here: http://amzn.to/9lvOBV :]

Kevin Langley said...

Thanks Kendra! I totally forgot is was being reprinted.