Friday, November 17, 2006

Tom and Jerry - "Tee For Two" Backgrounds


"Tee For Two" is one of my all-time favorite Tom and Jerry shorts. Mostly because I love Irv Spence's animation in this cartoon. I find it to be some of his funniest. One of the other things I love are the backgrounds, I believe these were painted by Robert Gentle. Sorry that the characters are in a couple of the pics. I usually try to use frames that don't have any animation over it. But in this case I liked the backgrounds too much to discard them just because Tom and Jerry are in it.

4 comments:

Ryan Khatam said...

nice backgrounds! this is a favorite Tom & Jerry of mine. i LOVE the opening music. I did the same thing you did with that long BG pan with the opening BG from "Scrub Me Mama With A Boogie Beat." it was tough, though, because of the FG elements moving at a different pace. it came out pretty cool except for the shit in the FG got fucked up.

crackedanimations.com/stuff/scrub.jpg

i love T&J so much. it is a genius cartoon in my opinion. a wonderful, excellent, masterful, perfect in every way cartoon. The amazing timing, the AWESOME 40s music, the jaw-droppingly good animation, & the funny gags. It is my 2nd favorite cartoon of all time.

Kevin Langley said...

I love "Scrub Me Mamma" it's a classic! Nice job on the background pan. That must've been a real pain in the ass.

I love the opening of this one too. The song fits perfectly with Tom hacking away in that hole. It's really sets the pace of the whole cartoon. It never slows down. Bill Hanna had a masterful sense of timing.

bla said...

Awesome! I dig the colours on this ones! And the shapes are well achieved also...

(Plus I happend to LOVE T&J :P)

The Ad Mad!

Srivalli said...

wow..such beautiful paintings...they are a class of its own!..thanks for sharing...

Srivalli
http://srivallis-cosmos.blogspot.com/